Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God's Hands

In 5 days the long awaited gender sonogram will occur. I have mixed feelings about the sonogram. I definitely want to find out the baby's gender, however, it makes me nervous to to know all the specifics of the baby, i.e. weight, length, etc... I just want to know that we have a healthy baby.



After hearing our pastor preach several months ago about when him and his wife were expecting, God really revealed a great deal to me. My pastor opted out of the amnioscentesis. At first, I thought that was an odd choice, however after the sermon, I now fully understand why. He and his wife opted out because his rationale was that they were going to have the baby regardless of the physical status, therefore, if he and his wife can't change the baby, then why even find out about possible health risks. In short, if he and his wife can't fix the disease, why know?



Rob and I fully adopted that way of thinking. It has been hard though. I am praying for peace and for a healthy baby. We have the sonogram scheduled for Tuesday July 6th 2 2:30...more details to come. :)

2 comments:

  1. Chris and I had the same way of thinking. We didnt have the procedure for either of my pregnancies. I can't wait to find out if I have a niece or nephew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy! I have been thinking about y'all. I hope Zoey is doing well. Keep posting pics of her and Cohen; I love to look at them. :) Hope you are doing well and keeping your sanity with two little ones. ;) Love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete