Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Name Game

When I was thirteen I wanted to name my daughter Rayne Renee...well thank God my taste has changed. If we have a little girl I (somewhat "we") have narrowed it down to two names. Emma Grace and Hannah Kate.

I love the name Emma for a plethora of reasons, bust mostly because it flows well with the last middle name Grace. I love Grace because first it is by Grace that we have been saved and secondly, it is the first name of my only sister. I love how Emma Grace Woods sounds...all short names none of which sound competing or elongated.

As for Hannah, it is biblical...it too means "Grace" in Hebrew. Kate is a name that I like because it is shor and sweet. I also love Hannah Kate Woods.

Boy names are still being discussed. We have decided not to cross that bridge until we have to get there. :) I like Mason, Bryce, and Ethan. Turner is going to be the middle name and is a must as it is the middle name of several of generations on my dad's side of the family. The first name is still up for debate. Rob likes Jordan...Jordan seems androgynous to me. I had a female Jordan in one of my classes. I want a masculine cute name...any sugggestions?

6 comments:

  1. We had the same issue with boys names and finally had to cross it when/if we came to it.

    I like both of your names for girls. The best advice I got was to think of the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Emma Grace...and I'd call her by both names. Something about double names for little girls is very southern.

    I really like Ethan. It is different and goes really well with Turner. I know two Masons and two Bryces...not that it is a deal breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our boy name was Ethan, but we were stumped for girls names. Kacie is our initials put together because we couldn't agree on anything else. I love Hannah Kate because of all the nicknames that can be created. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Currently I am a big Hannah fan, I also like Kate, Anna, Sarah, Elizabeth, and Grace. David likes Hayley Elizabeth but I think Hayley sounds a little trendy (?)

    I like Mason, too but Mason Woods sounds prettier than Mason Tabb. I like Ethan. Don't really like Jordan. Other boy names I like are Levi, Eli, and John. Not that my opinion matters, just some names :)

    David and I don't even want kids yet, but that is good because we never agree on names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the suggestions; they were extremely helpful! It's so funny the names that guys like versus the names their wives like. In the end I say whomever goes through labor should get the final say on the baby name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove Ethan Turner. Very boy. and both girls names are adorable, I like Hannah Kate best.

    ReplyDelete